Severn Psychiatry Research Involvement Network for Trainees (SPRINT)
SPRINT is a trainee-led network for psychiatry trainees in the Severn Deanery who want to get involved with research. This might be getting involved with a study already happening in your local Trust, or it might be that you want to set-up your own study and are looking for some help with sign-posting and networking. SPRINT is here to put you in touch with the right people and to help you network with other trainees who might also want to get involved.
Here are some of the things we offer:
- Annual research training day to help get you started
- Contacts and updates about research happening in your Trust
- Logbook and certification for your professional portfolio
- Support to fulfil the research competencies for your ARCP / CCT
- Sign-posting to postgraduate research and funding opportunities
- Support developing your own research project
SPRINT grew out of SpRICC, the SpR Research Involvement Course, that was aimed at helping Higher Trainees in AWP to get research experience and meet their CCT competencies. It has since been widened to include research opportunities in Gloucestershire Health and Care and SOMPAR, as well as encouraging involvement from Core Trainees.
SPRINT is currently run by two Higher Trainees, Jonathan Davies and Josie Rimmer, and supported by a consultant Suki Osunsanmi. We are keen for you get in touch if you have any questions.